There are many reasons why you may have decided to start a health blog.
Maybe you’re looking for a way to help people struggling with the same issues as yourself, or maybe you want to make money doing something you love.
Whatever your reason is, you must take the right steps to succeed.
This article will talk about how to get started with your new health blog and what kind of content can be expected on these blogs.
Health, Wellness, and Fitness Blogs
What are health blogs?
As the name suggests, they are blogs that talk about health and wellness. These can be personal stories or tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle.
Who runs the blog?
Most of these blogs have one author who writes for them regularly (such as every day). However, some may also contain posts from other people who want to share their own stories or tips.
There are many benefits to starting your own blog, from having a place for people to read about what you’re passionate about and learning more information on the subject of health and wellness.
The following are health, wellness, fitness blogs you may want to aspire to and or simply get some inspiration:
- tinybuddha – Tiny Buddha’s mission is to provide a space for people of all ages that strives to help them find peace and understanding. They offer advice on relationship, creativity, health habits as well as mental health issues such depression or anxiety.
- NPR Shots – NPR’s Health Blog covers stories on health and medicine. News includes how policy shapes our healthcare, latest research findings, as well as personal experiences with treatments like chemotherapy.
- Oh She Glows – The Oh She Glows blog features vegan recipes, most of which are also free of gluten and soy. Recipes include inspirations from founder Angela Liddon on how to live a healthier lifestyle with more plant-based foods.
- Nutrition Stripped – Nutrition Stripped is a website founded by registered dietitian McKel Kooienga. She shares articles on trending nutrition topics, using science to teach readers about popular food subjects and diet habits – all while constantly reminding them that she’s not trying to be the boss of you!
Most of these blogs have started from the bottom. And, now they are banking thousands of dollars a month with a “simple” health blog.
Natural Health Blogs
Natural health blogs are focused on topics that range from holistic healing to natural remedies.
You may prefer natural alternatives to traditional medicine or want to be more educated about the topic.
In any case, starting a natural health blog is “naturally” for you.
Natural health blogs are focused on topics that range from holistic healing to natural remedies. (I’m using the word “naturally” in a punny way here because, of course, it’s for you).
You may prefer natural alternatives to traditional medicine or want to be more educated about the topic. In any case, starting a natural health blog can be rewarding and can generate a good income.
How to write health blogs
All you have to do now is head over to our ultimate and free guide on how to start a blog and make money on autopilot.
The how-to section is filled with information on how to get started. Some of the topics covered include how to set up a blog, how much it costs, and what should you name your blog?
What are some popular blogging platforms, and how do they compare? Which domain names should I register for my natural health blog? Should I use WordPress or Tumblr as my blogging platform?
How often should I post content each day/week/month etc.? When should bloggers publish new posts to reach their audience most effectively (i.e., when will people notice blogs)?
The how-to section also contains tips about writing compelling content that readers want to read along with grammar and spelling rules so you can avoid embarrassing mistakes.
If you want your blog to attract many readers, it needs compelling content that is grammatically correct and error-free. You should also leverage keywords in your title tags so that search engines can find them easily when people are searching for related topics online.
When you know how to use the above tips on how to write posts, starting an effective health blog will be easy!
Tips for beginner health blogger
The following is how to write a blog on health and fitness.
- Choose a topic that you are passionate about. It is important to choose how your blog will differ from the others online and what ideas you want to share with readers.
- Write an outline of how your posts will look like: who they appeal to, how often it should post content, how long each article is going to be (hint: at least 300 words), etc. This way, if anything changes over time or life events happen – such as having a child, for example – you can revise accordingly without losing any valuable work already done so far.
- Create a design for your blog by purchasing templates or using free website builders available on many platforms these days.
- Use social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to build an audience for your blog.
- Develop a list of how you will handle negative feedback from readers: how often it’ll appear on the site; how long your responses should be; how much research you’ll do before responding to comments or posts.
- Create tools and tricks that are going to help people navigate through content easily (e.g., “X article every Y day”, “Z tool”). You can start by writing some bullet points first to know what information is missing in this section. We recommend using numbers when giving specific pieces of advice or steps involved in implementing one’s plan as opposed to just words like “continue,” “do” and “write.”
- How often you’ll post and how to keep the blog going, even when one’s life is busy or there are other commitments like school.
- How much research you’ll do before responding to comments or posts. How long should your responses be? What kind of response will work best for different readers’ needs (e.g., humor vs. facts).
- How often negative feedback will appear on the site, how long your responses should be; how much research you’ll do before responding to comments or posts.
- How to deal with trolls, how many times a week they’ll come up on the blog. What kind of response will work best for different readers’ needs (e.g., humor vs. facts).
How to start a health blog on Instagram
Starting a blog on Instagram is easier compared to having your own blog. You only need to have a username and an email linked with your account.
Moreover, there is no limit on how many photos you can upload every day or how long the post needs to be.
The downside of this platform would be that you will not get a link back to any site.
The steps to how to start a health blog on Instagram would be as follows:
- Sign up for an account.
- Upload a profile photo and fill in your bio.
- Create posts with hashtags that people would be interested in reading about. For example, if you are starting a blog on losing weight, use the hashtag #loseweight or #diettips. The goal is always going to be to provide content that is related to the chosen hashtag.
- Post your photo and wait for people to engage with it before sending them over to another social media site, such as Facebook or Twitter, where you can ask for their email address to sign up for more blog posts from yourself.
The steps might seem simple, but they are actually very effective tactics to starting a health blog on Instagram!
If you’re passionate about health and wellness, why not start your own blog?
There are many ways to do this. You can use a platform like Blogger or WordPress. You could also create an Instagram account for your blog if that’s what you prefer.
Health blogs have been around since the 1800s, when they were mainly used as clinical records of patients in hospitals, but now it seems like everyone is starting one!
The internet has made publishing so much easier than ever before–allowing anyone with a story to share their knowledge with others and make connections with other bloggers along the way. Check out our step-by-step guide below on how to get started blogging today!
Just an ordinary guy with epic dreamsChristian Tanobey