Do you want to make money with Google AdSense without having a website? This article will teach you how to use the power of blogging and social media to get started making money. Make sure that your blog is focused on something you like so you don’t do just one post or video and get bored then quit.
Make money with Google AdSense without a website
Google’s AdSense program is a way for website owners and publishers to share the company’s advertising revenue. If you don’t have a website, you can still get in on this by joining a publisher that shares their AdSense revenue with content providers. YouTube and Blogger are two of Google’s own properties where you can get in on the AdSense program.
There are many YouTubers who vlog about their passion and made it big. Most of them don’t even have a website. I can only imagine if they did.
YouTube is owned by Google and makes about $4 billion a year. They give money to people who have videos on YouTube. In 2007, they gave more than $1 billion to people with videos on YouTube.
In order to get money from YouTube, you have to meet the community standards and terms of service. You also have to own the rights to all of your content. If your channels meet these requirements, you can apply for monetization.
Only channels with more than 1000 subscribers and a minimum of 4000 watch hours within 12 months can run ads. When you meet the requirements, you can apply to monetize your channel. Your channel will be reviewed and if accepted, you’ll start getting money for your videos.
How to make money on YouTube
Here’s how you can make money on Youtube without a website:
- Create a channel. First, you need to be on Youtube by creating your channel. You can do this on the computer. It will be on YouTube’s home page and there will be a button called “My Channel.” Click it and follow the instructions to make your own channel.
- Monetize it. On your YouTube channel homepage, find the “Video Manager” next to the search bar in the top menu. Click on that and then click on “Channel.” Then in that left menu, find a button called “Enable,” next to a tile with a word you can’t read. Click on that and it will open an interactive wizard that will help you figure out how to turn on monetization for your videos.
- Agree to the Youtube partner agreement. Click “Start.” Read these rules and click where I said to. Then click the button that says “I accept” to close the agreement.
- Associate Adsense to your account. In the Account Monetization panel, click on the second item. In the new screen, click “Next” to be taken to Adsense. When you already have an AdSense account, you can associate it with your YouTube channel. If you don’t have an account with Adsense yet, you can create one when finished and then will be returned to the Account Monetization panel when finished.
- Set your Ad preference. On YouTube, there are some ads that will show on your videos. You can choose the ones you want to show. Click the “Start” button next to “Set Monetization Preferences.” Then follow the prompts and check whichever boxes you want to show ads for. Click “Save.”
- Create and promote like crazy. To earn money, create videos and upload them to YouTube. When you acquire 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in the last 12 months, you’ll be eligible to apply. YouTube will review your channel. If they approve of your video, ads will show up on your videos and you can make money from the views.
How to make money with Blogger
Here’s how you can make money with Blogger without a website:
- Set up monetization. Sign in to your Blogger account. Look for the blog you want and click on it and then click the down arrow that says Earnings. Find the AdSense button and then follow the prompts to sign up for an AdSense account. If you already have one, associate your blog with it.
- Tweak your ad settings. When you click on “Continue,” you can choose where to put AdSense ads on your blog. In the next screen, review the automatic setting for ad placement options. You can put them between posts, in the sidebar, or both. If you want Blogger to choose ads for you too, then you’re done.
- Personalize your ads. In the Ad Preferences, click “Customize further in Advanced Ad Settings.” Then you can customize your ads on your sidebar and on a blog post. You can change the color of the ad, its size, or other options.
- Blog like there’s no tomorrow. Ever heard of the phrase, “content is king”? It’s definitely true when it comes to blogging. The more blog posts you have, the more chance your blog ranking on the search results page. And the more people clicking on ads making you money.
Tips to make money with Google Adsense with either platform
Making money on YouTube or your website takes time to master. Make sure you follow these tips so that your efforts are not in vain.
- Make blog posts on a daily basis or more
- Be thorough with your blog post or video
- Don’t use the same keywords over and over again in every blog post because it will look like spamming, which is frowned upon by Google. Make sure you use different keywords in every blog post
- Make your blog posts or videos engaging so that people want to read more and keep watching! Don’t just talk about the topic, tell a story or give an opinion! Make people want to keep watching your work.
- Make sure you have a good camera for YouTube videos, because it is how the world will see what you are trying to achieve with your content
- Link back to previous posts when necessary, but make sure there’s not too many links in one blog post or video otherwise Google may think like spamming and this can affect your earnings
- Make high-quality blog posts or videos that YOU would want to read/watch (not just something filled with keywords) in order for it to be successful on any platform. If you’re making money off of AdSense without having a website then I’d say put out even more effort into it than if you had a website, since this is an opportunity to get your name out there even more
- Make sure you upload frequently and update on a regular basis if people are going to want to come back for more. Make it worth their while. People will definitely appreciate that they can go onto one site and find all the information they need instead of having to open up multiple new website pages or YouTube videos just because nobody wants to do that. You don’t have time!
- Make sure any content you put out on your platform(s) has quality in order for Google Ads not be turned off or click-through rates decreased. If you’re writing blog posts then make sure they are informational, if you’re making videos then make sure it is something worth watching.
- Make money with Google AdSense by choosing keywords that have high monthly searches and low competition in order to get the most bang for your buck! Make sure these keywords fit into what you want your website or YouTube channel about so that people will be more likely to click on them when using search engines like Google.
Making money online is tough. Make sure to choose the right platform and provide quality content for it! Make money with Google AdSense without a website by choosing keywords that have high monthly searches, low competition, and fit your niche.
The best keyword tool in the game I’ve tried and continue to use today is SEMRUSH. I love SEMRUSH not only for its keyword research, but you can also find broken links, it has social media scheduler, a content manager, and more. It’s a gamechanger for me when it comes to SEO and running multiple sites.
Make sure everything you put out is of good quality so people will want to click on them when using search engines like Google, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
As a dedicated SEO professional, I help businesses improve their online visibility and attract more customers through search engine optimization. Whether you’re a small local business or a large corporation, I can help improve your search rankings, drive more traffic to your website, and ultimately grow your business.Christian Tanobey